Simple Vegan Lettuce Wrap with Italian Chickpeas
Simple Vegan Lettuce Wrap with Italian Chickpeas Recipe
Satisfy those fast-food summer cravings with this clean and simple lettuce wrap recipe! This recipe can be altered to make as many lettuce wraps as you want, but we suggest using Good Habit’s Italian Chickpeas from the snack section for this recipe.
What you will need
- Romaine lettuce leaves (4 or more depending on your preference)
- 1 cup of cooked tabbouleh grain (quinoa is a great substitute)
- 1 pack of Good Habit’s Italian Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup of bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of carrots (chopped)
- 1/3 cup of shredded kale
- 1 tbsp. of chopped chives
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil (avocado oil is a great substitute)
- Pinch of sea salt (or pink salt)
- Pinch of black pepper
Mix your grains (tabbouleh or quinoa), chickpeas, kale, carrots, bell pepper, and chives together in a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together. Adjust pepper and salt according to taste, and then drizzle onto ingredients in the other mixing bowl.
Give the ingredients a toss, and then lay out your Romaine lettuce leaves on a flat serving plate. Spoon the mixture onto the lettuce, and it is ready to serve!
A great summertime recipe for company, or for a party of one! Trust us when we say you’ll need to make more than you think you need (these get swooped up fast)! Let us know below how this recipe worked for you, and as always, we love feedback!